Sally Bryant DeChenne
President & CEO
“My passion for quality delivered in a timely manner permeates everything we do at BRYANT GROUP. We believe that, with each project, we share in helping advance our clients’ philanthropic mission—and we treat that responsibility with deep commitment.”
Sally joined BRYANT GROUP in 2007 and brings 30 years of experience in advancement management, consulting and recruiting, as well as achievements from the corporate sales arena and success in other entrepreneurial activities.
She began her career on the advancement team at her alma mater, Washington State University, and went on to leadership positions at Providence Health in Seattle and the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. She served as the Chief Advancement Officer at Marymount College (now Marymount California University) in Palos Verdes, California, establishing new programs and leading the College to its highest fundraising totals ever.
Sally also approaches her work with a wealth of entrepreneurial experience. In 2001, she started a fundraising consulting firm, DeChenne Company/Philanthropy Consulting, serving clients such as the University of Southern California; the University of Nevada, Las Vegas; Seattle University; and others for six years. Simultaneously, she founded three real estate development companies with a mission of acquiring and improving housing in educational communities. She also built and led a highly successful sales team in a $4 billion global company, where she recruited more than 150 people, and learned some of the world’s best practices in leadership and talent development.
Sally earned her bachelor’s degree summa cum laude from the Honors College at Washington State University, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa.
- Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Network of Nonprofit Search Consultants (NNSC)
Featured Current & Former Volunteer Involvement
- Community Church of Joy in Rancho Mirage, Council Member
- Los Angeles Skirball Institute’s Intentional Conversation, Advisory Board Member, Group Leader and Promotional Video Speaker
- The Eight Principles of Sustainable Fundraising, Fellow
- University of Washington Robert H. Williams Diabetes Research Council, Council Member
- Washington State University Foundation, Trustee and Committee Chair on President’s Associates
- Washington State University Honors College, Advisory Council Member